Date: March 31, 2022
This document outlines the measures that the Toronto Kendo Club has implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Components of this COVID-19 safety plan rely on the policies and practices of the Joseph J. Piccininni Community Centre (JJP).
As the COVID-19 situation is constantly changing, the Toronto Kendo Club may update this safety plan from time-to-time.
- Everyone going to practice must satisfy all of the following conditions:
- a) Fully vaccinated
- b) Not experiencing any symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19
- c) Not required by their doctor’s instruction or local public health guidelines to self-isolate or quarantine due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure to COVID-19
- Participants must refrain from tsubazeriai and taiatari.
Use of Masks and Face Coverings
- All participants, instructors and visitors are required to wear a mask upon entering and remaining within an enclosed area. The mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
- Each participant must provide their own mask. No masks will be provided. Anyone unable to comply with the mask policy will be asked to leave.
- Each participant should bring an extra mask in case they wish to change masks during or after practice.
- Temporary removal of the mask is permitted where necessary for the purposes of:
- a) Drinking water
- b) Changing masks
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Participants should wash their hands prior to practice.
- a) Participants are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizers.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- We are relying on the JJP policies and practices for cleaning and disinfecting the community centre.
- Participants should refrain from overexerting themselves and should take breaks whenever necessary.
- Participants can bring water bottles and refresh themselves when necessary.
1. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19:
- a) Immediately send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- i. Your name
- ii. The date of your positive COVID-19 test
- iii. The date of the last practice you attended
- iv. In the subject line of the e-mail, indicate that you had a positive COVID-19 test.
- b) Self-Isolate.
- c) Follow the Toronto Public Health instructions.
- d) Do not come to practice until you have finished your self-isolation period, have no symptoms.
2. If TKC receives information that a participant tested positive for COVID-19, the following actions will be taken:
- a) TKC will contact the JJP about the positive COVID-19 test case.
- b) TKC will contact the participants who attended practices around the time of the positive COVID-19 test and inform them that someone tested positive for COVID-19 and that they should be tested as soon as possible.
- c) Those participants in b) above must follow the Toronto Public Health instructions on What to do if you a re a close contact of a person with COVID -19 .
- d) Parents of juniors who were participants must follow the Toronto Public Health instructions on A Parent’s Guide: If your child is a close contact of a person with COVID -19 .